Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tatum Marie Wood

Birth story: I went into labor around 8pm on Thursday, November 15th. It was a long, sleepless night laboring at home. In the morning, we dropped Chloe off at our friends' house, and around noon we headed to the hospital. I got an epidural around 4pm, and then Danny and I got some much needed rest, and ordered pizza from Papa John's. At around 10pm, I was fully dilated, and at 11:45pm on November 16th, miss Tatum was born. It was such a better birth experience than Chloe's, and I am just so happy that I had a successful VBAC. We are just obsessed with this little girl, and it is so fun to have a newborn again. She was perfect and healthy, weighing 7lbs 13oz, and was 20 inches long. She latched on right away, so nursing has been a breeze. We are so in love. Here are the pics...

 Epidural kicking in, and feeling good

Chloe was in good hands at Karl and Kristin's. Thanks so much, you guys are the best!

Danny delivered the baby... such a neat experience.




The next day, Chloe came to the hospital to meet her baby sister for the first time. She was so excited, and she knew it was a special occasion. She kept giving Tate kisses the whole time.



It's official. We are a family of four. 


Proud daddy


 Going home from the hospital

Well, baby Tate, welcome to the family. You are so loved already.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Danny and Collin! You both look great, beautiful family! Love the name!

Lee and Khyra said...

oh yay, congrats! and cute name....haha, now our babies have twin names.

Tari said...

Such a neat opportunity for Danny! I'm glad everything went well... and you ALMOST beat me ;)

Britta said...

Congrats on such a precious baby girl! You have such a darling family and I'm so happy for you!

Meredith Williams said...

I'm so glad everything went smoothly, I'm excited to hear about more about it! That's so cool Danny got to deliver her! What a neat experience

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

she's beautiful!! Congratulations to you both and CONGRATS on the VBAC!!! yay!